Careers At GBSM
Do you love thinking big, while driving impact?
While we find many of our staff – like our clients – through direct referrals, we are always looking to connect with as diverse a group of experienced and talented individuals as possible. Our hiring goals are always bringing added value and results to our clients, and bringing on new staff who can strengthen and diversify our vibrant culture. If this interests you and you want to know more about who we are and what we do, send us your resume. Please understand, due to the large number of interested individuals, we cannot respond to everyone. We are looking for a mutual fit and will connect if we see an opportunity.
Based in downtown Denver, GBSM is a consulting firm with a 35+ year track record of providing management consulting, corporate communications and public affairs services to a blue-chip clientele. Our clients are a mix of national companies and non-profit organizations, local and state government agencies, water and transportation providers, and more. We’re an intentionally small but high-powered firm with a fast paced, spirited environment, fascinating clients, and work that makes a difference.
The part time hourly Billing Clerk role is a fantastic opportunity to join an established and growing company that puts their employees first. Reporting to the VP of Finance and Operations, this position is well suited for those looking for a growth opportunity to build their skills in billing, collections, and basic accounting while managing their own schedule and location.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
- Prepare monthly client invoices and send to clients, ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Prepare and monitor monthly client budgets, delivering regular updates to client leads
- Manage full-cycle client billing and invoicing process monthly
- Manage client files and communications as needed; send client payment reminders, updated information, etc.
- Manage vendor 1099 forms and end of year compliance
- Improve and update billing procedures
- Respond to client billing inquiries
- Request and maintain client certificates of insurance per project
- Evaluate new billing software
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in client billing, invoicing and/or bookkeeping
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Adobe and MS Office
- Strong attention to detail; problem solving, analytical, and organizational abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with a strong sense of urgency to meet deadlines; self-motivated and reliable
- Excellent multi-tasking, communication and interpersonal skills to work with internal team and external vendors
WHAT WE’RE OFFERING:
- Competitive starting compensation of $25/hour, up to an average of 25 hours a week.
- Full remote position, with ability to utilize the Denver office when wanted.
- Up to 1 week of paid vacation time per year, available after initial 6 months.
- An environment that supports professional growth and development.
- Positive company culture and autonomy to accomplish daily responsibilities and priorities.
Interested candidates, we look forward to reviewing your background and experience! Please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.