Careers At GBSM
Do you love thinking big, while driving impact?
While we find many of our staff – like our clients – through direct referrals, we are always looking to connect with as diverse a group of experienced and talented individuals as possible. Our hiring goals are always bringing added value and results to our clients, and bringing on new staff who can strengthen and diversify our vibrant culture. If this interests you and you want to know more about who we are and what we do, send us your resume. Please understand, due to the large number of interested individuals, we cannot respond to everyone. We are looking for a mutual fit and will connect if we see an opportunity.
Executive Office Assistant
GBSM is a Denver-based communications and consulting firm working with a dynamic client base, including national non-profit organizations, higher education institutions, local and state governments, and a variety of diverse public and private companies. We have 35+ years of proven excellence in helping our clients navigate their strategic and crisis communications, public affairs and management consulting needs, positively impacting our community as we go. We are looking to grow our team with like-minded, talented individuals!
Our Executive Office Assistant will primarily provide poised administrative assistance to our CEO, with occasional support to senior leadership and the firm at large, involving a mix of:
- Calendar oversight and scheduling management for CEO Andy Mountain
- Providing both a gatekeeper and a gateway role to balance access to Andy, prioritizing conflicting needs at times
- Maintaining up to date contact lists in both Outlook and MailChimp
- Expense tracking, reconciliation and submission monthly
- Time entry and editing in our billing software
- Tracking client gifts
- Booking employee travel arrangements
This role will also oversee and support all administrative duties in the office to ensure efficient operation of business, including:
- Opening and closing the office daily
- Answering mainline phone and directing calls
- Greeting clients
- Ordering office and kitchen supplies; ongoing office supply and asset inventory management
- Office stocking and maintenance of shared spaces
- Conference room set-up for internal and external meetings
- Employee event planning and execution support
- Building, equipment, facilities, IT and other 3rd party vendor management
- Ad-hoc and specialty projects as assigned
What we’re looking for:
- Education and Work Experience: At least two years of relevant administrative experience supporting a C-Suite executive required. Experience working for a media, public relations or law firm preferred. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Written and Verbal Communications: Adept at listening to, acknowledging, and responding to others in a timely manner; presenting information clearly and assertively; confidently asking questions to clarify expectations; equally comfortable with phone, virtual and in-person meetings.
- Confidence, Professionalism and Trust: Strong critical thinking skills with an ability to problem solve, collaborate and maintain confidentiality in various settings. Must be able to work independently with a growth mindset in adaptation to process. As the first representative of the firm and our leadership team, bring an elevated level of sophistication.
- Proactivity and Teamwork: Possess a keen ability to think and act one step ahead; able to play multiple roles on a team, showing high accountability in actions and forethought; willingness to go above and beyond the call of duty to help others. Ability to manage different personalities to achieve the same end goal.
- Time Management: Able to manage rapid developments in a resourceful manner; hyper-organized; ability to multitask and prioritize throughout the day; excellent time management skills with the professional ability to act on behalf of the firm in the moment.
- Computer Skills: Expertise in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, SharePoint and OneNote.
What we’re offering:
- A supportive office culture with room for advancement, including internal and external learning and development opportunities
- Excellent starting salary of $55,000-$65,000 with yearly bonus opportunity, 401(k) matching, and a full health and wellness benefits package
- In-office expectations of 5 days a week; unlimited vacation after 6 months
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.