Careers At GBSM
Do you love thinking big, while driving impact?
While we find many of our staff – like our clients – through direct referrals, we are always looking to connect with as diverse a group of experienced and talented individuals as possible. Our hiring goals are always bringing added value and results to our clients, and bringing on new staff who can strengthen and diversify our vibrant culture. If this interests you and you want to know more about who we are and what we do, send us your resume. Please understand, due to the large number of interested individuals, we cannot respond to everyone. We are looking for a mutual fit and will connect if we see an opportunity.
GBSM is a Denver-based communications and consulting firm working with a dynamic client base, including a variety of diverse public and private companies, national non-profit organizations, higher-education institutions and local and state governments and agencies. We have 35+ years of proven excellence in helping our clients navigate their strategic and crisis communications, public affairs and management consulting needs. We pride ourselves on quality over quantity, thoughtful strategy over impactless flash, teamwork over bravado and often helping our clients avoid or deflect unwanted attention, rather than clamoring for it. We are mightily invested in helping the communities in which we operate be vibrant, thriving and welcoming to all.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We are looking to grow our team with an Associate who has experience in corporate communications, reputation and issue management, and digital communications strategy and execution. Excellent analytical thinking and outstanding research, writing and speaking skills are required. Experience with public affairs and/or community engagement is a plus.
Our associates work alongside our client leads to inform strategy and help execute multi-discipline communications programs; target, pitch, monitor and maintain relationships with the media; help analyze and develop messaging for issues-management and crisis-communications situations; inform and execute digital communications programs for a variety of audiences and more.
Among these other responsibilities, the Associate will:
- Conduct research and help our team of senior-level communications and management-consulting experts develop strategies for business and communications success.
- Develop content and collateral to assist the team as it communicates on behalf of clients among business groups, regulators, industry analysts, policymakers, elected officials, the public at large and other influencers.
- Actively help manage and execute communications and business tactics that support our clients’ strategic goals, while helping keep the team and projects on schedule and on budget.
- Advise on, and help execute digital engagement strategies through audience segmenting, platform prioritization on goals, content-development and campaign optimization.
- Support public affairs projects which require comfort executing grassroots-engagement programs, coalition building, and planning/executing various types of public meetings and events. Includes development of stakeholder communications (databases, newsletters, websites, emails) and preparing large- and small-scale meetings.
What we look for:
- Education and Experience: An undergraduate degree, preferably in communications, journalism or a related business field. A minimum of five to eight years of corporate communications experience with an emphasis on strategic communications, media management, digital communications and crisis communications. Agency or consulting experience is required.
- Project Management: Outstanding critical-thinking, problem-solving, writing and personal-communication skills; project-management skills including the ability to multitask, stay on top of competing priorities in a fluid environment, manage client expectations and negotiate deadlines and workloads; ability to manage-up with multiple team members.
- Writing and Communication Skills: Superb writing, proofreading and editing skills. Must be capable of maintaining clear, effective, timely communication with multiple team members, clients, stakeholders, sub-consultants and vendors. Able to communicate authentically with all audiences, from local community members to C-level executives to elected officials.
- Teamwork and Humanity: A natural ability to understand, empathize and forge authentic connections with a diverse mix of clients, audiences, teammates and partners. Able to put client and team success over personal interests.
- Computer Skills: Highly proficient with MS Office applications (e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint); online monitoring and database tools (e.g., Meltwater, Cision); email, website and social-media content management systems (e.g., WordPress, MailChimp, Hootsuite), and online research tools (e.g., Survey Monkey).
What we offer:
- Excellent starting salary of $75,000-$95,000 with yearly bonus opportunity, 401(k) matching, and a full health and wellness benefits package.
- Stipends for professional development and learning opportunities, home office needs and technology and transportation expenses.
- Fixed hybrid work with workspace in LoDo; in-office expectations of at least 2 fixed days a week; unlimited vacation after 6 months.
- An amazing and supportive team culture that lacks ego, values intellectualism, supports community involvement and understands the importance of a great soundtrack and amazing art to creating the ideal work environment.