Careers At GBSM
Do you love thinking big, while driving impact?
While we find many of our staff – like our clients – through direct referrals, we are always looking to connect with as diverse a group of experienced and talented individuals as possible. Our hiring goals are always bringing added value and results to our clients, and bringing on new staff who can strengthen and diversify our vibrant culture. If this interests you and you want to know more about who we are and what we do, send us your resume. Please understand, due to the large number of interested individuals, we cannot respond to everyone. We are looking for a mutual fit and will connect if we see an opportunity.
Client and Office Coordinator
GBSM is a Denver-based communications and consulting firm working with a dynamic client base, including a variety of diverse public and private companies, national non-profit organizations, higher education institutions and local and state governments and agencies. We have 35+ years of proven excellence in helping our clients navigate their strategic and crisis communications, public affairs and management consulting needs.
We pride ourselves on quality over quantity, thoughtful strategy over impactless flash, teamwork over bravado and often helping our clients avoid or deflect unwanted attention, rather than clamoring for it. We are mightily invested in helping the communities in which we operate be vibrant, thriving and welcoming to all. And we are looking to continue our growth with a new Client and Office Coordinator position!
Our Coordinators primarily support our client teams by:
- Project-management tracking
- Research, analysis and summary reporting on specific issues and organizations
- Editing and proofreading deliverables
- Laying-out and designing communications materials (ex. Canva, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Managing, maintaining and reporting through use of digital tools for client communications and engagement (ex. MailChimp, WordPress, Survey Monkey)
- Coordinating meeting logistics for large-scale public meetings, mid-size committee/board meetings and smaller meetings with clients
- Preparing agendas and taking meeting minutes
- Tracking relevant digital and new media
- Client invoice editing
- External vendor management (catering, printing, etc.)
This role also includes some firmwide operational support, such as:
- Expense tracking, reconciliation and submission on a monthly basis
- Employee travel arrangements
- Employee event planning and execution support
- Business development assistance
- Template management and document control, organization
- Ad hoc general admin (may include answering phones, greeting clients, ordering supplies, maintaining shared spaces, opening and closing the office, employee event support)
What we’re looking for:
- Education and Experience: At least two years of relevant client support and administrative assistant experience in a professional-service setting. Marketing and/or PR experience a plus.
- Written and Verbal Communications: Exceptional attention to detail and editing skills. Experience with AP style strongly preferred. Adept at listening to, acknowledging, and responding to others in a timely manner; presenting information clearly and assertively; confidently asking questions to clarify expectations; equally comfortable with phone, virtual and in-person meetings.
- Critical Thinking and Teamwork: Possess a keen ability to think and act one step ahead; able to play multiple roles on a team, from tactician to organizer, and showing high accountability in actions and forethought; regularly goes above and beyond the call of duty to help others (after all, we are a firm built on providing exceptional client service at all levels!); establish strong working relationships with coworkers and external clients.
- Research and Reporting: Able to conduct online and industry research, analyze and evaluate findings and compile findings into a succinct report; familiar and efficient with researching media, social media, government, organizations, etc.
- Time Management: Able to monitor, track and prioritize myriad activities for a number of clients across industries and disciplines; manage rapid developments within client accounts, completing them in a timely and competent manner; hyper-organized; ability to multitask and prioritize throughout the day; a self-starter with excellent time management and problem-solving skills.
- Confidence, Professionalism and Trust: Proactive with an ability to problem solve, collaborate and maintain confidentiality in a variety of settings. Must be able to work independently with a growth mindset in adaptation to process. As a representative of the firm for many clients, bring a high level of sophistication.
- Computer Skills: Expertise in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, SharePoint and OneNote. Strong abilities in content-management and development tools like WordPress, MailChimp, Canva and Survey Monkey; Familiarity or ability to learn quickly with Adobe CC applications including InDesign and Photoshop, database management, online engagement tools and social media.
What we’re offering:
- Excellent starting salary of $55,000-$60,000 with yearly bonus opportunity, 401(k) matching, and a full health and wellness benefits package
- Stipends for professional development and learning opportunities, home office needs and technology and transportation expenses.
- Hybrid work with workspace in LoDo; in-office expectations of at least 4 days a week; unlimited vacation after 6 months.
- An amazing and supportive team culture that lacks ego, values intellectualism, supports community involvement and understands the importance of a great soundtrack and amazing art to creating the ideal work environment.
If you are interested, please send a cover letter and resume to Careers@GBSM.com. We look forward to connecting with you!