ABOUT THE POSITION:
Senior Associates support and work closely with the firm’s Principals to provide clients with strategic planning, counsel, and program management. They must be adept at implementing and helping develop positioning, messaging, issues management and crisis response strategies, with a comfort level interfacing with clients’ executive leadership and staff, elected officials, and acting as a representative advocate or spokesperson on behalf of clients.
The Senior Associate position requires someone with outstanding writing and speaking skills, exceptional analytical thinking, and an ability to develop, modify and execute communications and organizational strategies. We seek articulate, strategically oriented consultants with a breadth of communications experience, including corporate communications, public affairs and issues management. This person must be able to apply their expertise to various communications and organizational management disciplines. Experience managing high-level, complex communications and business programs, including traditional and non-traditional communications channels, is important.
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, business or related field.
- At least 8-15 year’s work experience including consulting and client-side business, public relations or corporate communications positions.
- Working relationships with local, regional and/or national business, civic, political leaders and a proven ability to create such relationships on behalf of clients and issues.
- A broad communications skill set and an ability to apply those skills to various disciplines including strategic response, public affairs, coalition building, digital communications and other areas. The ability to communicate authentically with all audiences, from grassroots community members to C-level executives to elected officials.
- The experience to maintain clear, effective and timely communication with multiple team members, sub-consultants and vendors, managing up and down as needed. Can balance leading teams on certain projects while being on the front lines of tactical execution on others.
- Flexibility to primarily provide tactical support on certain clients and serve as the day-to-day lead on others.
- An excellent writing portfolio demonstrated through exceptional writing in all forms including communications pieces (news releases, fact sheets, web copy, etc.), strategy documents and executive/client correspondence.
Interested candidates, we look forward to reviewing your background and experience! Please submit your resume and salary requirements for consideration to: [email protected]