ABOUT THE POSITION:
As a result of a significant increase in demand for our communications and management consulting services, we are searching for an additional Associate with experience in strategic communications, reputation management, media relations and digital communications. Excellent analytical thinking and outstanding research, writing and speaking skills are also required. Experience in organizational management and process is a plus, as is a comfort with public affairs and/or community engagement.
Typical skills used by our associates include: media relations; issues and crisis communications; research and analysis; media and social-media monitoring; assessment and management; and, developing and executing digital communications for a variety of audiences and more.
Among other responsibilities, the Associate will:
- Conduct research and help our team of senior-level communications and management-consulting experts develop strategies for business and communications success.
- Assist the team as it communicates on behalf of clients among business groups, B2B and D2C customers, regulators, industry analysts and other influencers;
- Actively help manage and execute communications and business tactics that support our clients’ strategic goals.
- Support public affairs projects which require comfort executing grassroots-engagement programs, coalition building, and planning/executing various types of public meetings and events.
Please note that this is not a marketing, publicity or consumer-PR position. GBSM does not typically represent products or services. Only candidates with established strategic communications and issues management experience will be considered.
- Education & Experience: An undergraduate degree in communications, journalism or a related business field. A minimum of six to ten years of predominantly external communications experience with an emphasis on strategic communications, media management, digital communications, and crisis communications. Agency or consulting experience is required.
- Project Management: Outstanding critical thinking, problem-solving, writing and personal communication skills; project management skills including the ability to multitask, stay on top of ever-changing priorities in a fluid environment, manage client expectations and negotiate deadlines and workloads; ability to manage-up with multiple team members.
- Writing and Communication Skills: Superb writing, proofreading and editing skills. Must be capable of maintaining clear, effective, timely communication with multiple team members, clients, stakeholders, sub-consultants & vendors. Able to communicate authentically with all audiences, from local community members to C-level executives to elected officials.
- Teamwork and Humanity: A natural ability to understand, empathize and forge authentic connections with a diverse mix of clients, audiences, teammates and partners. Able to put client and team success over personal interests.
- Portfolio: Includes a variety of writing samples, such as examples of strategic planning, business memos, fact sheets, digital communications and news releases.
- Computer Skills: Highly proficient with MS Office applications (e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint); online monitoring and database tools (e.g., Meltwater, Cision, Talkwalker); email, website and social-media content management systems (e.g., WordPress, MailChimp, Hootsuite), and online research tools (e.g., Survey Monkey).
Interested candidates, we look forward to reviewing your background and experience! The anticipated salary range for this position is $70,000-$80,000 with eligibility for an annual bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package that includes health/dental/vision, pre-tax savings accounts for medical/transportation/dependent care, profit sharing, transportation/technology stipends, unlimited PTO (after six months), and more. Please submit your resume and salary requirements for consideration to: [email protected]